- The Institute
About the Institute
- The Institute of Cost Accountants of India (erstwhile The Institute of Cost and Works Accountants
of India) was first established in 1944 as a registered company under the Companies Act with the objects
of promoting, regulating and developing the profession of Cost Accountancy.
- On 28th May, 1959, the Institute was established by a special act of Parliament, namely, the Cost
and Works Accountants Act, 1959 as a statutory professional body for the regulation of the profession
of cost and management accountancy.
- It has since been continuously contributing to the growth of the industrial and economic climate of
- The Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India is the only recognised statutory professional
organisation and licensing body in India specialising exclusively in Cost and Management Accountancy.
- A Cost Accountant is a person who offers to perform or perform services involving the costing or
pricing of goods and services or the preparation, verification or certification of cost accounting and
- The head office is situated at 12, Sudder Street, Kolkata 700 016 and operates through four regional
councils are Kolkata, Chennai, Delhi and Mumbai as well as through a number of important chapters situated
elsewhere in India and abroad.
The Institute of Cost Accountants of India
K K Road, Kottayam - 686 001.
Scroll To Top