- The Institute
The Institute of Cost Accountants of INDIA
- The institute of Cost Accountants of India (lCAl) is a premier professional body of
Management Accountants in the country established on 28th May, 1959 under the Cost and Works
Accountants Act, 1959 enacted by the Parliament to regulate the profession of Cost and Management
Accountancy in India.
- The Institute is governed by o Council in accordance with the provisions of the Cost and Works
Accountants Act, 1959 as may be amended from time to time and Rules and Regulations framed there under.
- The Institute as a port of its obligation to regulate the profession of Cost and Management
Accountancy, enrolls students for Cost Accountancy course, provides coaching facilities to the
students, organizes Professional development programmes for the members and undertakes research
programmes in the field of Cost and Management Accountancy.
- Over the year the Cost and Management Accountancy profession has registered a tremendous growth
and has occupied a prominent role in our economy and society. The Institute has more than 5,00,000
students and more than 50,000 qualified members.
- The Institute is a member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), The Confederation
of Asian and Pacific Accountants (CAPA), The South Asian Federation of Accountants (SAFA), National
Foundation for Corporate Governance (NFCG), Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI),
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM).
The institute as a leader in the field of accountancy in the South Asian Region, is also importing
training to accountants from overseas countries.
The Institute of Cost Accountants of India
K K Road, Kottayam - 686 001.
Scroll To Top