Admission to foundation course
Students are eligible to seek admission/enrollment to the Foundation Course after qualifying Class X.
- Passed Class X Eligible for enrollment in Foundation Course
- Passed Class XII
- Eligible to appear for foundation course examination
- After qualifying the foundation examination. Eligible to get registered to the intermediate course
- A candidate should have passed Class 10 or equivalent from o recognized Board or institution;
- or -
- Passed the Senior Secondary School Examination under the 10+2 scheme of a recognized Board or an Examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent hereto or has passed the Notional Diploma in Commerce Examination held by the All India Council for Technical Education or any State Board of Technical Education under the authority of the said All India Council, or the Diploma in Rural Service Examination conducted by the National Council of Higher Education.
- Any Candidate who has passed the Foundation examination conducted by the institute of Company
Secretaries of India will be exempted from Foundation Course & vice verso;
- or -
- Any Candidate who has passed the intermediate Examination (by whatever name called) conducted by the institute of Chartered Accountants of India will be exempted from Foundation Course. Similarly, any candidate who has passed the intermediate examination will be exempted from Common Proficiency Test (i.e. Entry level examination, by whatever name called) conducted by the institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
- Candidacies who have passed the qualifying examination for direct admission to intermediate. Course (Annexure VI) are exempted from / Foundation Course.
- Prospectus along with the Admission Form will be available at Regional Council offices, Chapters, Recognized Oral Coaching Centers (ROCCS) & CMA Support Centers.
- A candidate seeking admission as a student should submit duly filled in Admission Form and identity Card (which ore available in the prospectus) to the concerned Regional Council/Chapter/ Recognized Oral Coaching Centers (ROCCS) CMA Support Centers.
- Student from foreign countries should submit the forms to the Headquarters only.
- Copies of document giving the proof of qualification and age ore also to be furnished.
- Admission must be at least one hundred and fifty days prior to the commencement of such Examination.
- A student will be issued on identification Number which will be valid for 3 (three) years along with the identity Card.
- Students seeking Postal coaching should submit their respective Regional Councils.
- For details visit http://icmai.in/studentswebsite/Admission.php
- Admission can also be taken online. For details http://cmaicmai.in/students/Home.aspx
Cut –Off Date for Admission To Foundation Course
Refer our website: http://icmai.in/upload/Students/Circulars/Cir-Rev-Cutoff-19112014.pdf